The conference will take place at the Parkgate Road Campus of the University of Chester (CH1 4BJ).
- Registration on Monday will be at the Molloy Building;
- Registration on Tuesday and Wednesday morning will be situated in CBK010 on the ground-floor of the Binks Building;
- The Antiquity Lecture on the Monday evening will take place in Molloy Building;
- Conference sessions will take place in the Binks and Beswick buildings;
- Exhibitions will take place in Small Hall: between the Binks and Beswick buildings
- Lunches – for those who have pre-ordered hot lunches, these will be served in Whites Dining Room.
- The Drinks Reception after the Antiquity Lecture on Monday evening will take place at Brewhouse & Kitchen, Love Street, Chester, CH1 1QY. See location map here.
- The Antiquity Quiz (7.30pm) and TAG Deva Party (from 8.30pm) will take place on the Tuesday evening in the Chester Students Union Bar on the Main Campus, featuring Unofficial: Hippocampus;
- For those in the University accommodation, this will be in Sumner House, a short walk from the Main Campus on the way into the city centre. See map location here.
For all the Main Campus locations, see the conference map: TAG orientation map Campus
For details of room plans in Molloy, Binks and Bestwick, see the TAG Deva room plans
Public transport links to and around the city are good, with many sites, bars, restaurants and accommodation within a short walking distance.
The University’s main campus, including all conference rooms, have disabled access and are within easy reach of disabled toilets. If you have special requirements or concerns regarding access on campus, please contact the University of Chester’s Conference Office: email@example.com
Parking is available for free for delegates on the Parkgate Road campus for the duration of the conference on a first-come, first-served basis. For those staying at Sumner House, it might be cheapest to park on campus and walk to the accommodation (9 minutes walk).
Details of parking elsewhere in and around Chester city centre can be found here.
The Parkgate Road campus is only a short distance from the city centre on foot.
There are many great ways to explore Chester by walking. Among these, you can walk from the Parkgate Road campus along the Ellesmere Canal, beside the River Dee, as well as along the famous Chester Rows and around the City Walls.
The Ellesmere Canal can be accessed from adjacent to the the Parkgate Road campus of the University of Chester at the intersection of Garden Lane and Cheyney Road.
The Millennium Greenway can be accessed from close by the Parkgate Road campus.
There are a range of cycle routes linking the Parkgate Road campus and the rest of Chester and its environs. Check out the maps and routes here.
Chester’s railway station is a short (c. 22 mins.) walk from the Parkgate Road campus.
There is no direct bus service between the Parkgate Campus to the railway station, but buses operate between the campus and the Chester Bus Interchange (Route 1) and between Chester Bus Interchange and the railway station (Route 40).
A taxi from the railway station to the Parkgate Road campus will cost around £5.00 and taxis are frequently available in the rank at the front of the station.
Chester Bus Interchange is a short (c. 15 mins.) walk from the Parkgate Road campus.
Bus routes and timetables can be accessed here.
Taxis are available from Abbey Taxis (01244 318318) and King Kabs (01244 343434). During the evening taxi ranks may be found at the south end of Bridge Street (opposite the King Kabs office), on Northgate Street near the junction with Princess Street, at the eastern end of Foregate Street, and at the railway station. Uber is available but very limited in Chester.
Download the campus map here.
There are many hotels and B&Bs around the city, all of which tend to be advertised on booking.com.
Chester is a popular tourist destination and therefore we would advise booking accomodation as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
University accommodation was made available for delegates, but it is now FULL.
Accommodation for disabled delegates: if you have special requirements regarding accommodation (i.e. wheelchair access), please contact the University of Chester’s Conference Office: firstname.lastname@example.org